Hello Friends! Emily here (@popsofpaper) with tips and tricks to create stamped patterned background paper!! One of my favorite card-making techniques is using the “littles” or “accessory” stamps to create fun patterned backgrounds. It’s the perfect way to create your own “pattern paper” to match your favorite color palettes. The stamped pattern paper that I created for this card, used all the littles from the Punny Farm Pigs Stamp Set! The little Pigs in the set are so stinkin cute but I absolutely LOVE their party accessories!
A couple tips/tricks to create stamped pattern background paper:
- Stamp one of your largest images first. This way you can fit the other images in between the largest image. For this card, I stamped the Birthday Cake First. I stamped the balloon second, because I could bend and shape the balloon string in needed.
- When stamping images for a pattern background, I create a triangle pattern with my images and turn them in different positions to give them a less uniform look which provides a little forgiveness if you make a mistake.
- Stamp your tiniest images last and fit them in all the nooks and crannies but make sure you keep enough white space.
- When I color my pattern backgrounds, I always start with my focal image with my favorite color first. For this card, I colored the balloons first in aqua, then the cake in pink, then present in blue, then the party hat in purple, the cupcake in orange and then confetti a nice combination of several colors previously used as accent colors.
- It’s always good to have a color palette to work with, I selected pastel colors in Aqua, Pink, Blue, Purple and Oranges with little pops of yellow.
- I like to fill-in any extra negative space with little polka dots. I do this with a fine-line pen or Nuvo Drops. For this card, I used White Blizzard Glitter Drops. You can also fill in extra negative space with cute little embellishments.
To create my final card design, I completed my stamped patterned paper with the tips and tricks above. Then I stamped and heat embossed with white embossing powder several birthday sentiments from the Everyday Sentiments stamp set to crisp ebony cardstock from Essentials by Ellen. Then I adhered the sentiments to the center of my stamped pattern paper with foam adhesive. The entire card panel was adhered to a piece of fun foam and then adhered to a black cardstock card base.
I hope you enjoyed my cheerful and fun Birthday Card using all the Birthday Accessory stamps from the Punny Farm Pig Stamp Set and you’re inspired to create your own stamped patterned backgrounds. Thanks for stopping by!
Big Paper Hugs!