Bubble Blower Bridge Reveal Card

Bubble Blower Bridge Reveal Card

I was introduced to a "bridge card" on Jennifer McGuire's blog not too long ago and knew that I had to make one.  I decided to see if I could add a handmade reveal wheel mechanism to add even more interest to the card and voila- today's card is all those things!

I felt that the Rise and Shine stamp set lent itself so well to this technique.  I simply made more of the "fields" to create layers to card!  Perhaps I should have added some farm animals, but instead I grabbed the beloved Bubbles stamp and die set which enabled me to have bubbles floating off toward the farm!

To make the card:

  1. To made the support panel of the bridge card, I cut a 5.75 inch by 5.5 inch of Neenah white cardstock.  Jennifer McGuire has a great video on this here if you want an overview of the project.  I stamped the Rise and Shine scene at the top of the panel and then scored on the 5.75 lengthwise at both ends at the .75 mark and 1.5 mark. I then stamped the scene 3 more times and fussy cut out the 2 fields of the 3 of the fields.  I copic colored all the pieces. The last field I left a long overhand on the bottom and cut a curved slit of 2.5 inches.
  2. To create all the layers I now took all the colored fields and had to cut them to different lengths and score them differently.  The second field layer was cut to a length of 5 inches and then scored at .75 and 1.25 on each end.  The third field layer was cut to a length of 4.5 inches and then scored at .75 and 1 inch on each end.  The final field with the long overhang and slit was cut to a length of 4 inches with no scoring.
  3. I die cut a 2 inch circle out of acetate and then put a hole in the center with a needle.  I then die cut a 1/4 inch circle of cardstock and put a hole in the center of it as well.  I stamped and die cut the bubble blowing critters and bubbles as well as copic colored them. I adhered all the elements on the acetate and then took a brad and poked through the acetate and the 1/4 inch cardstock circle and closed the brad on the cardstock circle side.  On the same cardstock circle I adhered 2 half circles of double sided adhesive foam to adhere to the last field panel on the bottom.  The top of the acetate circle poked through the slit we had cut earlier in the panel.  Finally I stamped and adhered a sentiment to the bottom of the panel.

I hope that you will give this card a try or try to make something similar with these adorable stamp sets!  Thank you for stopping by! 

Back to blog

1 comment

I would LOVE to see a video showing your steps!!

Kristen Snoozy

Leave a comment