This year is the 10th Annual Caring Hearts Card Drive. If you aren't familiar with it, Vera Yates runs the card drive and has full details on her BLOG. The purpose of the card drive is to collect handmade holiday cards for the elderly that live alone or in nursing homes during a time of year that can be lonely and isolating. We all know how much it can mean to receive a handmade card, and what better time is there to send someone a smile and let them know someone is thinking of them?
If that's not motivation enough, you also have a chance to win some great prizes! Lots of the amazing companies in this industry have donated, and there's a full list of the companies and prizes on Vera's BLOG.
To make things easier to get started, we're copying the basic details below for you, but we'd still really like to send you to Vera's BLOG for the official post and list of prizes.
Last, but perhaps most important, donations this year are way behind those of the past, and the drive could really use your help. Whether you have leftover holiday cards from previous years or you're making new ones from scratch, every card will make a difference. To show our support, we're going to close for a day (we're still picking our day!) and get together to make as many cards as we can. I'm certifiably the slowest card maker ever, so we'll be making small batches of a few different cards using stamps from our upcoming November 9 release, and we'll share them with you throughout the day.
We hope you'll join us in supporting the card drive!
From Vera's BLOG--IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- This card drive will be run from October 4 to November 8, 2019. We need to receive your cards by November 8, 2019. UPDATE: We're extending the card drive to Nov. 15, 2019
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes only.
- All cards need to have a message inside (can be stamped or hand written).
- Sign your name and where you are from inside the card.
- Include an envelope for each card and please don't seal the envelope.
- Please stick to standard size A2 or 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card as this will help us in packing more efficiently.
- Please don't use any pins or loose glitter (for safety reasons).
This is totally optional, but if you'd like to include $3 or $5 to help with shipping, it'll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves & postage prices have increased. Last year we struggle to cover the postage cost, so any donation toward shipping would help us tremendously.
- Vera Yates, 1314 Roy St., Houston, TX 77007 (Note: if you're in Houston and would like to drop off the cards directly please email me at: wirianta at hotmail.com)
Cindy Groh, 111 10 Mile Rd NW Sparta, MI 49345
- Deb McCleary, CHCD, PO Box 54, Watsonia, VIC, 3087 Australia
- Caroline Bredeson, 11 Ave. des Oblats, Unit 112, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 5V8, Canada
Rita Andrews, 28 West Gissing Rd, Cochrane, Alberta T4C 1L6, Canada