Welcome! We are thrilled to be a part of the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, a community of crafters who love coffee! We are bonafide coffee lovers and in our first release had not one, but three coffee-related stamp sets: Brewtiful stamp set, Java Joe's stamp set and the Decaf Background stamp set. So grab a cuppa and let's get to the projects!
Christine used the Brewtiful stamp set, paired with our Scene Builder stencil, Springtime Banners stamp set, Decaf Background and Punny Goat Farm stamp set to create a slim line card (dimensions are 8.5 inches by 3.5 inches; fits in a #9 envelope).
To make the card:
- First cut an 8 inch by 3 inch panel out of Neenah solar white cardstock. For added interest, cut a background panel out of colored cardstock with the dimensions of 8.5 inches by 3.5 inches; Christine used "Ripe Banana" Lawn Fawn Spiffy Speckles cardstock. Cut an additional 1/4 inch by 8.5 inch strip of cardstock to adhere to the bottom; Christine used "Strawberry Frosting" Lawn Fawn Spiffy Speckles cardstock.
- Die cut 3 square blocks & frames (frame size is 3.25 inch square) from Neenah solar white cardstock. Several companies make similar sized squares (square frame from the Stamp Market was used here). Using Trinity Stamps blendability brushes, several Distress Oxide inks were used. Placing masks made of the cloud in the Scene Builder, first "Scattered Straw" was (use a very light hand) blended on the bottom of the square panels with overlap of "Dried Marigold" and "Spun Sugar", followed by a final overlap of "Spun Sugar" and "Shaded Lilac" on the top to mimic a rising sun. Placing the Scene Builder Stencil on the center panel (adhered with some washi tape), a heavy hand was used to apply "Scatter Straw" for the sun, followed by spreading a layer of Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste in Frosty Dawn with a palette knife. Image was set aside and allowed to dry for several hours.
- Images from the different stamp sets were stamped with Gina K black amalgam ink and either fussy cut or cut with the Brother Scan N'Cut2. A sentiment from the Decaf Background was stamped onto a banner in the Springtime Banners stamp set by bending the stamp, prior to stamping, to conform to the banner. All images were copic colored in a simple manner. Goat (W3 & R00), birds (Y11 & YR68), flowers and butterflies (BV04 & BV01) leaves (G43 & G46), coffee mug & coffee (E23 & V20); a gel white pen was used to draw highlights. Using the Scene Builder stencil, clouds were traced onto Neenah Solar White Cardstock, fussy cut and glued on at an offset to give the clouds depth. Finally, pale yellow sequins were adhered to provide added interest.
1) Amy blended yellow ink onto an A2 card base using the Jitters stencil. We love how she faded out the color as she got to the ends of the card base.
2) She cut a 1/4 inch by 4.25 strip of black cardstock and heat embossed "Thanks a latte" from the Brewtiful stamp set in white embossing powder.
3) She fussy cut a stamped partial image from the Brewtiful stamp set and copic colored prior to partial outlining with a white gel pen. Finally she stamped in black ink the steam coming from the mug and added some drops for the perfect finish!
We hope you like the cards and will continue to hop along this amazing gathering of coffee-loving cardmakers!
Finally, we have a surprise for you! A coupon code for all our coffee-loving hoppers- use COFFEE20 to get 20% off your purchase in the Miss Ink Stamp Store until May 10th!
Thanks for hopping and stopping by!