Step Up Your Cardmaking with Brenda - Create a Scene

Hello, crafty friends!! I hope this finds you all safe and healthy!!

Welcome back to another installation of Step Up Your Cardmaking!! Today's cards show you the difference that it makes to create a scene. Although the first card does create a limited scene and is super-cute, you can see how much more context you can add with more scenery!!

I had full intentions to take in-process photos, but once I got into my craft room, the mojo was flowing and I totally forgot...lol! I promise to get process pics next time!

Let's start with the more simple card...

I started by stamping the pig, cake, party hat and balloon from Punny Farm Pigs onto white cardstock with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used the following Copic colors: E95, E11, E02, YR000, E18, E15, E13, R29, R24, R22, YR09, YR04, YR23, Y18, Y15, YG05, YG03, B16, B14, B0000, B000. The images were all fussy cut out (the Coordinating Dies are available, but I don't have them) then I started on the background and sentiments.

I stamped the confetti and streamers, also from the Punny Farm Pigs stamp set onto another panel of white cardstock and colored them with the same Copics. The sentiments were white heat embossed onto black cardstock strips and adhered to the white panel. The fussy cut image were popped up with foam adhesive. A white gel pen adds some "highlights" to the images.

Here is the "stepped-up" version...

This time, I stamped the images from Punny Farm Pigs with InkOn3 Fadeout Ink for some no-line coloring. (I know I do no-line coloring on most of my "stepped-up" versions, but I feel that it really does elevate my cards.) I used the same Copics that are listed above. 

For this background, I ink-blended Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide onto a panel of white cardstock using the Scene Builder Stencil and a blending brush. I die-cut the fence and grass (from Honey Bee) and inked them with Vintage Photo and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide. The grass was splattered with diluted Lucky Clover Distress Oxide. Again, the sentiments were white heat embossed onto black cardstock strips.

Then I just had to assemble the card! This time, the pig, cake and sentiment strips were popped up with foam adhesive. I can't get enough of these Watercolor Butterflies and added a couple to this scene! A white gel pen adds some highlights to the images.

I love both of these cards...it just depends on your style and how much time you want to invest!!

Thanks for hanging out with me today!! Have a great week and stay safe out there!!

Brenda